FocalPoint business coach Luca Setti offers webinar series to help leaders succeed
Luca Setti, former Chief Sales and Marketing officer of Florida Tile, helped turn the tile manufacturer return to a profitable multi-million-dollar company. He did this by redefining a vision and mission and then honing product, distribution, people, process and procedures for the company.
Setti fell in love with this process, and after leaving Florida Tile, went through training to become a Certified Executive Business Coach and Trainer with FocalPoint. His aim is now to help many companies excel and succeed. The challenges posed by COVID-19, led him to develop a series of webinars for leaders, executives and business owners.
His April webinar, entitled “Top 7 Actions Leaders Can Take in Challenging Moments” offered the results of a few studies that FocalPoint conducted on leaders. Setti said the focus was on actions leaders took in good and bad times to be great, including “examples of how we can take those same actions into our own life and business.”
In the webinar, Setti explored the mindset and principles of successful leaders, including the Law of Attraction (what you think about, you bring about). His presentation also unpacked the concept of Victor or Victims, which encourages a positive, proactive, visionary mindset focused on excellence and a clear and specific goal that leads to being a victor, versus blaming, excuse-making, negative, denial and scarcity-based mindsets that lead to victim mentalities. “Nothing GREAT in life or in business comes out if we don’t have a proper mindset,” he said.
The webinar also offered seven actions that all leaders employ consistently in good and bad times. These 7 C’s of Leadership are:
• Clarity: Leaders develop a clear vision of where they want to go, or what they want to become. They invest time in learning about themselves, starting from what they love to do and what they are good at, and then learning about others, and what they need or want.
• Competence: Leaders know that in order to be great, they have to become very good in something or in a few things: really, really good! That’s why they constantly work on mastering their skills.
• Continuous Learners: Leaders never quit learning, never quit adapting to changes and continually get better.
• Constraints Analysis: Leaders aren’t scared to assess themselves, or recruit the help of others, to discover what their constraints, limitations, and weaknesses are or what’s holding them back. They do this because they know that no matter how good they are, they can only go as far or as fast as their limitations. Understanding their constraints is key because they can then create plans to improve them and so reach their goals faster.
• Creativity: Leaders develop an ability to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, or just new ways to communicate. This is something that can be achieved by engaging employees, clients, peers or can be cultivated with the help of a trusted advisor, a coach.
• Concentration: Leaders focus on one thing at a time. Multitasking is not effective or efficient. It’s been proven over and over again that it is impossible to really succeed while doing many things in life. Leaders instead do one thing well.
• Courage: Leaders believe so much in their ideas that they are willing to do whatever it takes to get there, starting first from the things they most fear.
The webinar was well-received, and has laid the groundwork for another webinar, scheduled this week on Thursday, June 4. “Back in Business with Less Stress? Let’s Build a Strategic Plan” is directed at business owners and executives, encouraging a back-to-the-drawing board approach to strategically position businesses for post-COVID success. Click here for more information and to sign up. For more information about Setti, visit https://lucasetti.focalpointcoaching.com/.