Premier dispersible dry-pigment grout solution provides more options for A&D professionals
In a world where warehouse and display space is at a premium, while the demand for an expanding palette of grout colors to augment and enhance tile and stone installations is growing, LATICRETE has developed an innovative solution that addresses both concerns.
LATICRETE recently introduced PERMACOLOR® Select, the industry’s first dry dispersible-pigment grout solution that separates colored pigment from the PERMACOLOR Select Base. This advanced, high-performance cement grout is designed for virtually all types of residential and commercial installations and offers optimum performance on the most demanding exterior and interior applications.
In addition to offering industry-leading performance, PERMACOLOR Select comes in the widest range of colors available. It also sets a new standard as the first product to innovate the business and logistics of grout–providing specific benefits to architects, design professionals, distributors and contractors alike.
The ground-breaking product comes in two parts: a Color Kit and the highly engineered Base powder. The process of preparing the grout begins with the dispersible-pigment packets included in the Color Kit. When added to water, these packets dissolve like laundry or dishwasher packets. When the neutrally colored Base is added to the pigment-water mix, a color-consistent grout is formed that does not require sealing.
The Color Kits come in all 40 existing LATICRETE grout color options as well as the top selling competitor colors. The Base powder comes in 12.5 lb. and 25 lb. options.
“Recently, we’ve seen architects and design professionals demand greater color choices and LATICRETE is getting ahead of this trend,” said Sean Boyle, director of Marketing and Product Management. “With PERMACOLOR Select, these professionals can offer clients the widest array of options while ensuring industry-leading performance.”
The innovations of PERMACOLOR Select allows architects and design professionals the ability to:
• Offer expanded color availability and options – With PERMACOLOR Select Color Kits, architects and design professionals can offer clients the widest array of color choices from a single supplier. This includes the existing LATICRETE grout color options as well as the top-selling competitor colors.
• Deliver industry-leading performance – PERMACOLOR Select exceeds ANSI A118.7 and achieves ISO 13007-4 CG2FAW. Equipped with STONETECH® Sealer Technology, PERMACOLOR Select offers enhanced stain resistance with no sealing required. PERMACOLOR Select offers anti-microbial protection and vibrant consistent color that resists efflorescence. PERMACOLOR Select is also reinforced with Kevlar® to resist cracks and shrinkage.
• Virtually eliminate worries about color variation – The PERMACOLOR Select advanced-pigment technology is manufactured to tight standards and reduces variation between batches.
Two pallet spaces and one shelf is all it takes!
Distributors and contractors also benefit from the introduction of this pioneering product.
For example, PERMACOLOR Select is the first product to innovate the way grout is ordered, inventoried and sold – resulting in distributors running their businesses more efficiently and much more profitably. Only two pallet spaces are needed for the PERMACOLOR Select Base and one shelf for the PERMACOLOR Select Color Kits. This saves dozens of pallet spaces in a warehouse by eliminating inventory of individual bags per each color stocked. The logistical innovations of PERMACOLOR Select allow distributors to:
• Reduce grout pallet space requirements by 80%, grout inventory value by 50% and increase turns by 100% – Distributors need only carry only the inventory they require.
• Improve order pick time and accuracy – Picking and packing orders is easier with PERMACOLOR Select. Warehouse personnel will not need to waste time searching for colors or move of bags and pallets.
• Fulfill orders quickly and directly to customers – If a distributor runs out of a particular color, Color Kits can be shipped directly to the customer through the
LATICRETE Rapid Fulfillment Center.
“Our Rapid Fulfillment Center drastically improves the ordering process,” said Boyle. “Through this new service, dealers, distributors, and contractors can rapidly and economically fulfill their customers’ needs.”
Fast-setting grout ready for feet in 3 hours
Finally, the benefits for contractors are significant as PERMACOLOR Select is suitable for joints 1/16” to 1/2” wide on floors or walls. The fast-setting grout is ready for foot traffic in three hours. GREENGUARD® certified, PERMACOLOR Select is also low VOC. A lifetime warranty is available when used with other LATICRETE products.
The logistical innovations of PERMACOLOR Select also enhance the contractor’s business by:
• Reducing grout inventory value, waste and breakage – Contractors can carry only the inventory they need and greatly reduce grout breakage through less handling and moving of inventory.
• Reducing grout pallet space requirements – Leftover stock from previous jobs is virtually eliminated with PERMACOLOR Select.
• Expanding color availability and options – Contractors can easily and inexpensively stock all 40 LATICRETE colors plus the top selling competitor colors.
For more information on PERMACOLOR Select, visit LATICRETE.com.