The NTCA “Tom Ade” Ceramic Tile Scholarship has been established by the National Tile Contractors Association to provide educational opportunities in college or trade for children or grandchildren of NTCA contractor members. It’s named after Tom Ade, a former NTCA regional director and a previous recipient of NTCA’s Ring of Honor and Tile Person of the Year Awards. Through his generosity and support of training and education, funds have been earmarked to launch this scholarship.
Through the scholarship, a one-time $5,000 contribution will be made to the applicant’s educational institution of choice. In addition, the NTCA will provide travel and registration costs to attend Coverings, the tile industry’s premier annual exhibition and educational event, held April 18-21, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois. The scholarship recipient will be recognized at the NTCA Awards reception on April 20th. It is mandatory for the recipient to be present at the awards ceremony. If the scholarship winner is not able to attend, an alternate recipient will be named.
Funds are made possible through the generous donations of NTCA members: total donations will determine the number of scholarship recipients each year. Additional $2,500 scholarships may be awarded based on association donations. Applications will be reviewed by a committee of the NTCA Board of Directors and members of the NTCA staff. Application deadline is March 15, 2016.
Scholarship selection criteria includes:
- Applicant must be a child or grandchild of an NTCA contractor member or their employee and be in good standing with the association.
- Applicant must submit an application form and essay detailing their career goals and what they will do with the scholarship funds, along with a letter of recommendation from an individual not in the applicant’s immediate family.
- Funds can be used for college, apprenticeship, vocational school, technical school, etc.
- Funds will be allocated to the school or institution named in the application, and not to the individual.
- The scholarship is a one-time award and will be paid in one allocation of funds.
Members can sign in and visit Tom Ade Scholarship for the application, which can be mailed to NTCA at the indicated address or emailed to [email protected] Those interested in becoming a sponsor of this scholarship program can get more details and donate at NTCA Youth Leader Scholarship Fund. This site accepts donations to fund the Tom Ade Scholarship and future youth scholarships as well.