COVERINGS HONORS EMERGING LEADERS WITH 2019 ROCK STAR AWARDS
Coverings, the largest tile and stone trade show in North America, has announced the 2019 Rock Star Awards winners. The Coverings Rock Stars – an Emerging Leaders Program – honors the best and brightest young talent in the tile and stone industry. The awards continue Coverings’ mission to support industry growth by recognizing young talent and fostering new opportunities. Since its inception five years ago, the program has awarded dozens of young leaders, who have connected at Coverings through mentorship, networking and educational opportunities.
“Coverings Rock Stars exemplify the continued vitality of the tile and stone industry, and we’re honored to provide a platform to highlight their new ways of thinking about the industry,” said Jennifer Hoff, president of Taffy Events, the management company for Coverings. “Coverings offers its congratulations to these young stars and looks forward to seeing their continued success.”
Representing varying industry professions, the 12 2019 Rock Star honorees are:
- Kayte Becker, Paris Ceramics, Midwest Architectural Sales Manager; Chicago, IL
- Joe Bellew, Bellew Tile, Owner/General Manager; Rockland, MA
- Ashley Donaldson, Florida Tile, Director of Customer Care; Lexington, KY
- Chris Fischer, Garden State Tile, Product Team Manager; Wall Township, NJ
- Kirsten Gable, Anthony Wilder Design Build, Kitchen & Bath Designer; Cabin John, MD
- Jacob Harris, Coastal Custom Tile & Design, LLC, Owner; Swansboro, NC
- Ashley Hertz, Onyx TIle Studio, Owner + Curator; Bozeman, MT
- Stephanie Jackson, Apex Stone, Director of Sales; Sealy, TX
- David Mastrangelo, The Tile Studio, Inc., Operations Manager; Doylestown, PA
- Lisa O’Donnell, Architectural Ceramics, Regional Sales Manager; Middletown, MD
- Paige Pomerene, P2 Customs, Owner; Herndon, VA
- Nick Teefy, Counter Reactions, President; Lindsey, Ontario, Canada
Coverings Rock Stars are nominated by colleagues in the tile and stone industry and reviewed by a committee of industry leaders. Eligible candidates must be under 35 years old and employed within one of the following professions: architect, designer, distributor, retailer, contractor/installer, fabricator, specifier, trade association or manufacturer.
2019 honorees were recognized for their achievements with their nominators and Rock Star Alumni at a Luncheon on Tuesday, April 9, the first day of Coverings 2019. At the luncheon, Rock Stars were presented with an award and received a special Rock Star ribbon, denoting their win on their show badges. Rock Stars also receive a one-night stay in Orlando, inclusion in Coverings press releases, Coverings social media promotion, and are featured on the Coverings website. 2019 honorees can be viewed online here.
# # #
Coverings Social Media
Twitter: @Coverings, #Coverings2019
Google +: google.com/+Coverings
Coverings is the largest and most important ceramic tile and natural stone trade fair and expo in the United States. It features exhibitors from over 40 countries and is the stage for introducing some of the most innovative tile and stone products in the world.
The exposition serves as a valuable resource for continuing education for all segments of the industry, with more than 45 informative, accredited seminars and live demonstration sessions throughout the show, all free of charge. Coverings attracts thousands of distributors, retailers, fabricators, contractors, specifies, architectural and design professionals, builders and real estate developers, as well as journalists and bloggers who cover this vital and dynamic industry.
Sponsors of the show are The Ceramic Tile Distributor Association (CTDA), Tile of Spain/Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER), Ceramics of Italy/Confindustria Ceramica, National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) and the Tile Council of North America (TCNA). The show is managed by Taffy Event Strategies, LLC.
Coverings 2019 takes place April 9-12 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. For more information, visit coverings.com or contact Taffy Events, Coverings Show Management, 703-539-5504.