Benefits Box: NTCA Consensus Documents Library
NTCA Consensus Documents Library: Information At Your Fingertips
Last year, NTCA launched a new feature on its website: the NTCA Consensus Documents Library. To visit this excellent resource, click here.
This new resource puts critical documents at your fingertips, including position statements and white papers on a range of industry issues on underlayments and subfloors, tile assemblies and grout joints, and types of tile. More papers will be added as they become available.
Here’s the current listing of papers in our library, expanded from the 2015 launch:
Underlayments & Subflooring
- Division 3 versus Division 9 Floor Flatness Tolerances Position Statement #6 from the American Society of Concrete Contractors
- Membranes – Specifically Cleavage Membranes, Crack Isolation Membranes, Waterproof Membranes & Moisture Barriers, Uncoupling & Anti-Fracture Membranes, and Vapor Barriers – Citings from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A-2.1.8 and A118.10.
- Use of Felt and Similar Products as Crack Isolation Membrane. Citings from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A118.12.
Tile Assemblies & Grout Joints
- Movement Accommodation – An overview of the Tile Council of North America (TCNA) Handbook Standard EJ-171.
- Spot Bonding – Citings from ANSI Standards A108 .01 2.6.22, A108.5, and A118. Also cited TCNA Handbook Standard W260.
Types of Tiles:
- Position Statement on Thin Porcelain Tiles, a collaboration of the National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA), Tile Contractors Association of America (TCAA), International Masonry Institute (IMI), and the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (IUBAC).
Mold and Other Issues:
- General Statement on Mold.
In the spirit of education and information sharing, NTCA offers this resource as a free service on its association website. This page also offers you the opportunity to add a document to the Consensus Document Library or ask NTCA a question directly. Also available on this page is the ability to order a TCNA Handbook or ANSI Standards Manual and to view the entire online installation standards and specification manual selection for purchase. Visit it today!