MAPEI Closes 75th Anniversary with $75K Giveaway
MAPEI Americas celebrated the company’s 75th anniversary (1937-2012) with a $75,000 Giveaway Sweepstakes. At the close of 2012, the drawings were held; Jeff Bennett and Dale Walton of Business Flooring Specialists in Fort Worth, Texas, won the $50,000 grand prize. Bennett, president, and Walton, vice-president, are co-owners of Business Flooring Specialists.
“It was an absolute shock when we received the call that we won the grand prize of $50,000,” said Bennett. “I don’t think anyone ever believes they’ll get that kind of phone call. We’ve purchased a lot from MAPEI over the years and have always been pleased with the quality, performance and value of their products. We are honored that we won this prize. Thank you, MAPEI, for your support of our business throughout the years.”
“We thought the best way to celebrate our 75 years in business was to share the celebration with our business partners,” said Luigi Di Geso, president and CEO of MAPEI Americas. “All the prizes we have given out as part of our 75th anniversary celebration are representative of our strong relationships with concrete and flooring contractors in the construction industry. We hope that we and all our partners will enjoy similar growth and success in the next 75 years.”
Other winners in the $75K Giveaway included:
- First Prize – Polaris Ranger RZR XP 900 – John Laurie of Jack Laurie Flooring in Fort Wayne, IN
- Second Prizes (4) – 60″ Flat-Screen LCD TV
- Jennifer Helder – Ritsema Associates in Grandville, Michigan
- Ria Francesca – Jantile, Inc., in Bronx, New York
- Jim Judd – Master Craft Carpet Service, Inc., in Redford, Michigan
- Steve Stefanyk – Benefit Floors, Ltd., in Surrey, British Columbia
- Third Prizes (8) – iPad Tablets
- Dennis Arnold – Carpets by Dennis in Marietta, Georgia
- Simon Kanaan – Sigma Marble in Houston, Texas
- Marcel Sousa – Precision Tile and Granite, Inc., in Los Altos, California
- Chris Cornelius – Cornelius Contracting, LLC, in Spring, Texas
- Yisroel Silverstone – Silver Stone Contracting Co. in Lakewood, New Jersey
- Robert Bazzano – B&B Contracting, Inc., in Pompano Beach, Florida
- Larry Rogers – House of Floors in Killeen, Texas
- David Degol – David Degol in Duncansville, PA
Bennett was presented with a $50,000 check at the MAPEI press conference held during Surfaces 2013, the international trade show for floor covering professionals. All other winners received their prizes from their MAPEI area sales director and local sales representative.
MAPEI Group, with 65 subsidiaries including 62 plants in 30 countries, is today the world leader in the manufacturing of adhesives and complementary products for the installation of all types of floor and wall coverings. The company also specializes in manufacturing other chemical products for building, including waterproofing products, special mortars and admixtures for concrete, products for the restoration of ancient buildings, and special decorative and protective coatings for walls.
Eighteen MAPEI manufacturing facilities are located in the Americas, with headquarters in Deerfield Beach, Florida. MAPEI is an environmentally conscious manufacturer – the company has been a member of the U.S. Green Building Council since 2001 and a member of the Canadian Green Building Council since 2008. MAPEI Americas is a registered provider to the AIA/CES program and also offers training related to ceramic and stone tile, floor coverings and concrete repair through the MAPEI Technical Institute. The Quality Management Systems of the majority of MAPEI Americas facilities are ISO 9001 certified. Visit www.mapei.com for technical data or call 1-800-42-MAPEI (1-800-426-2734) for the nearest location.